Your 5th anniversary is somewhat of a landmark anniversary as it is the first one in the "fives". It's also one of the easiest as far as gift giving creativity goes.
The 5th anniversary traditional gift idea is wood and you can find unique and romantic wooden gifts all over, from jewelry boxes to furniture to picture frames. Just think creatively and you're certain to find the perfect wooden gift, from casual to elegant, that represents your partner or you as a couple.
Want to combine the traditional 5th anniversary gifts and modern 5th anniversary gifts? Get a custom, engraved wooden silverware tray with another set of your wedding silverware inside. Other great 5th anniversary gift ideas and romantic ideas are below.
Traditional Gift: Wood
- Send her a bouquet of beautiful wood roses.
- Present her with a hand-crafted engraved wooden jewelry box with an anniversary ring inside.
- Give her a hand-crafted box with gourmet chocolates inside. Go a step further and give her a hand-crafted wooden box containing a heart-shaped 4-inch decadent chocolate praline.
- Surprise her with a gorgeous hand-made, engraved wooden swing for two! It's completely unique and can be personalized. We ♥ this!
- Give each other a new bed (wooden headboard/footboard) and spend the weekend together enjoying it (throw in a quick book of printable sexy bedroom coupons too!)
- Give him a hand-crafted wooden cigar box with his favorite cigars inside such as this engraved cherry wood humidor.
- Get a wooden keepsake box with your anniversary date carved into it and fill it with a small trinket such as jewelry, a love poem, chocolates, etc.
- If you're looking for something unique, try a wooden anniversary love spoon.
- Track down a bottle of wine that you had at your wedding and give it to them in a personalized engraved wine box.
- Plant a tree and watch it grow over the years, just like your love for each other.
- For the more practical partner, give cutting boards or wooden platter along with a cooking class that you'll take together.
- Give your partner a canoe and the promise of many afternoon dates enjoying it together.
- For the sports fan, give him an engraved baseball bat.
- Give him/her a gift basket (made of wood) filled with personalized gifts inside.
- Check out the stunning hand-made wooden jewelry pieces from artisans on Etsy for a one of a kind gift.
- Go out for dinner together at a gourmet wood-fired pizza grill or to a steakhouse for wood-fired steaks.
Modern Gift: Silverware
- Get a set of your wedding silverware to add to your collection. Have this set engraved to commemorate your anniversary milestone.
- Get a special set of silverware for two to use during a romantic anniversary dinner and each anniversary dinner from here on out.
- Combine the traditional gift of wood and the modern gift of silverware and get the wooden welsh love spoon.
- Surprise him or her with an amazing anniversary trip and announce it with a souvenir spoon from the location.
- As strange as it may sound, some talented jewelry designers created unique pieces made from silverware (definitely a unique take on this modern gift).
- Relive the past, watch your wedding video again, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last year.
- Give her a full body massage, focusing on a different area of the body for 5 minutes at a time (e.g., back, neck, feet, shoulders, hands, etc.).
- Have a 5-course gourmet meal together at home.
- Go out to dinner at a 5 star rated restaurant or one of AAA's Five Diamond rated restaurants.
- Take a 5 night cruise to anywhere. The destination doesn't matter, but the quality time together does.
- Give her 5 roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 5 years.
- Take a trip to NYC's 5th Avenue to celebrate 5 years.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her five small gifts for the fifth anniversary.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade Gift Ideas
- Build a birdhouse for your backyard. Build a small box or trunk and hide a gift in there. Technically, paper is made from wood, so any paper crafts could apply to this anniversary as well.