After a sexy 3rd anniversary gift of leather, it's time for a super sweet 4th anniversary with a traditional 4th anniversary gift of fruit or flowers (or both!).
If you're going with the modern gift list for your 4th anniversary gift, you're moving from the elegance of crystal to the practicality of appliances -- and by appliances, we don't mean a new dishwasher to replace the one that's on the fritz, but rather something useful and thoughtful for your partner.
If you're unsure, why not combine them both? Buy a chocolate fondue fountain and a pint of fresh strawberries. Spend the evening dipping chocolate berries and feeding them to each other by candlelight!
Traditional Gift: Flowers/Fruit
- Edible Arrangement Of Fruit - This delicious flower arrangement of fruit is a perfect combination of the traditional anniversary gift idea of fruit or flowers.
- Flower/Fruit Plant/Seeds - Spend the afternoon planting the flower/fruit plant/seeds and then spend years enjoying them together.
- Floral Wrapping Paper - If you don't want to give a "flowers/fruit" gift, simply wrap your gift in floral wrapping paper or attach a red rose to the package!
- Fruit Roses Bouquet
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Roses
- Send her a bouquet of two dozen real roses. Make it extra special and send her four dozen for four wonderful years of marriage.
- Set up a floral delivery purchase that will send her one dozen roses each month for a full year.
- Surprise him with gourmet chocolate body paints that will give him a sweet night. This is perfect for those on a budget because you can make it yourself! Add some strawberries to dip as well! You'll have a sensual night for certain.
- Plan a romantic dinner at home with grilled kabobs, candles, and a fondue dessert of fruit kabobs.
- Find a fruit scented perfume that she would like. This isn't as difficult as it may seem as a lot of the sweeter smelling perfumes have fruit scents in them.
- Alternatively, select a romantic floral scented perfume to surprise her with!
- Is she in need of a day of relaxation? Get her a selection of fruity or floral scented bath products and a day of relaxation with a spa gift certificate.
- Select a dozen gourmet dipped berries from berries.com. These are gorgeous and delicious! Add some champagne to complete your romantic dessert.
- Fill a room with fruit or floral scented candles for a romantic night together.
- Or, try out some fruity scented (or tasting!) massage lotions and oils!
- Make your own chocolate dipped strawberries with champagne.
Flowers/Fruit Gifts: Homemade (DIY)
- Chocolate & Fruit Basket - Create a romantic fruit basket filled with various aphrodisiac fruits and chocolates.
Flowers/Fruit Gifts: Last Minute
- Flower/Fruit Of The Month Club - This subscription will give them gifts all year long.
Flowers/Fruit: Romantic Ideas
- Fruit Flavored Chocolate Body Paints - Spend the night painting each other's naked canvas. Don't forget to taste your artwork! ;)
- Fruit Flavored Wines - Add it as part of a nice candlelit anniversary dinner.
- Fruit Picking - Head to an orchard and pick apples together or another fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, etc.
Flowers/Fruit: Trip Ideas
- Botanical Gardens - Spend the afternoon roaming through your local botanical gardens enjoying one another's company.
- Picnic In Field of Wildflowers - For a romantic floral themed date, take a drive out to a rural area and find a field of wildflowers. Bring along a picnic lunch to enjoy and pick a flower bouquet together before you leave.
Modern Gift: Appliance
- Blender - You can make so many delicious things with a blender. Slip in a few romantic cocktail recipes to add a kick to your romantic night.
- Juicer/Cappuccino Maker/Coffee Maker - Also promise to spend a few quiet moments together each morning while sipping your drinks.
- Fondue Set - Use it for a romantic dipping dinner on your anniversary night.
- Give her a Belgian waffle maker, but take it a step further and make her breakfast in bed with it!
- Give him a new grill. What man doesn't want a grill? Get one with lots of gadgets and knobs and he'll be even more thrilled.
- Relive the past, watch your wedding video again, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last year.
- Enjoy a 4-course dinner at a 4 star restaurant that you've wanted to but kept putting off.
- Restaurant hop! Pick 4 amazing restaurants and have drinks at one, appetizers at the next, main course at the next, and dessert at the last one.
- Since the traditional gift is fruit or flowers, why not plant a garden together? You'll have a good time together and you'll reap the results for many more anniversaries to come.
- Find fruit scented fragrances such as fruity candles and air fresheners and share a fruity dessert.
- Visit a local garden, national forest, or a botanical center and enjoy a picnic lunch together.
- Instead of going out to dinner, cook a gourmet, candlelit dinner at home.
- Give her four single roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 4 years.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her four small gifts for the fourth anniversary.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade Gift Ideas
- Create a gorgeous bouquet of flowers out of silk flowers. They won't die and you can display them in your home. Use craft supplies to create your own "sugared" fruit centerpiece display.