Traditional Gift: Wax
- Send her a bouquet of beautiful candle (wax) roses.
- Do everything by candlelight that night (dinner for two by candlelight, dance together to your wedding song by candlelight, then head to a bedroom filled with candles).
- Fill the bathtub with floating candles, plus candles all around the room for an intimate bath for two.
- Or better yet, an evening in a hot tub surrounded by candlelight all around.
- Spend the evening on the beach with champagne and candles.
- Create your own romantic picture/artwork, all in crayon.
- Write a romantic love letter from the heart and seal the envelope with a classic wax seal. I love these from Etsy. Go with your initial or a "L" for love. It'll turn your letter into an incredibly romantic and classy gift!
- If you're looking for something totally different, check out diamond candles! All candles have rings within them valued from $10 to $5,000!
- Get a Jimmyjane massage candle, our favorite and most recommended, for an intimate anniversary evening together. If you're not familiar with wax massage, it's time to learn. Watch, get the supplies, then surprise your partner:
- Get intimate with this handmade wearable essential oils candle.
- For the man in your life, give him these unique man candles. They come in great scents like smoky barbeque, Little Italy pizza, and new car scent.
- While you can find some wax jewelry (check Etsy!), you may not realize that most jewelry starts out as wax with the creation of a wax mold. For something completely unique and memorable, have a custom jewelry piece create via a wax mold and give your partner both the jewelry and the mold that you designed (or helped to design) to create the piece!
- For the man in your life, entertain him while you wax the car in a skimpy outfit.
- Or surprise him by having a bikini wax.
Traditional Gift: Silver Holloware
Holloware is tableware that is hollowed, such as bowls, creamers, teapots, platters, etc.
- Buy a piece to add to your wedding set.
- A silver teapot with gourmet teas for the tea lover.
Things to Do
- Take a candle making class together.
- Take a wax sculpting class together.
- Host a celebratory dinner party using your new silver holloware.
- Take a trip to New York City and check out Madame Tussauds wax museum in Times Square while you're there!
- Give her 16 roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 16 years.
- Relive the past, watch your wedding video again, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last year.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her 16 small gifts for the sixteenth anniversary.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!