It's time for another sweet anniversary. The traditional 6th anniversary gift idea of candy may be one of the easiest after 6 years of marriage. A simple gourmet box of chocolate may do the trick, but if you get a little creative, you can make this a super sweet and incredibly romantic anniversary. Browse on for a few great 6th anniversary gift ideas.
Traditional Gift: Candy/Iron
- Send her a bouquet of beautiful candy roses.
- Sweet and unique, get personalized anniversary M&M's (in your wedding colors!) for your anniversary. Customize with your anniversary date and a favorite photo of the two of you printed directly on the M&M's!
- Surprise him with gourmet chocolate body paints that will give him a sweet night.
- Send her a bouquet of a dozen chocolate covered strawberry roses.
- Gourmet truffles
- Give her a candy necklace along with a real necklace.
- Take a trip together to Hershey, PA.
- Take a candy making class together.
- Give your partner a bag of nostalgic candy from a significant year (the year you started dating, got engaged, or got married).
- Get a wrought iron arch for your garden, where you can renew your wedding vows to each other year after year.
- Give the music buff an Iron Maiden or Iron Butterfly CD.
- Put together a new toolbox full of iron-made tools.
- Give the gourmet a new iron skillet.
Modern Gift: Wood
- Send her a bouquet of beautiful wood roses.
- Surprise her with a hand-crafted jewelry box with jewelry inside.
- Give each other a new bed and add a book of sexy bedroom coupons.
- Give him a hand-crafted wooden cigar box with his favorite cigars inside.
- If you're looking for something unique, try a wooden Welsh love spoon.
- Track down a bottle of wine that you had at your wedding and give it to them in a personalized engraved wine box.
- Plant a tree and watch it grow over the years, just like your love for each other.
- For the baseball fan, give him an engraved Rawlings "Big Stick" baseball bat.
- Give him/her a gift basket (made of wood) filled with personalized gifts inside.
- Relive the past, watch your wedding video again, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last year.
- Have a fondue dinner with cheese and chocolate fondues. Since the traditional gift is candy and chocolate is an aphrodisiac, it makes the perfect romantic dinner at home.
- If you want to go out, head to The Melting Pot for dinner and some chocolate fondue.
- Send her 6 roses, a half-dozen, in the morning and another six roses that night.
- Create your own sexy candy factory in the bedroom with body creams, chocolate body paints, etc.
- Give her 6 single roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 6 years.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her 6 small gifts for the sixth anniversary.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade Gift Ideas
- Put together a candy bouquet. Make homemade candy or fudge in their favorite shapes. You can purchase various candy molds at your local crafts store.