The 35th anniversary traditional and modern gift lists both list gemstones as the gift of choice, but that doesn't mean you need to stick with jewelry. Rather than giving coral or jade jewelry, find gifts with those colors in them or other creative and romantic gifts related to the stones.
Traditional Gift: Coral
- A trip to the tropics with snorkeling at a coral reef.
- A gorgeous coral necklace.
- A collectible piece of coral to keep in his office.
- For a big splurge, head to the magnificent Great Barrier Reef.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at Epcot's Coral Reef restaurant in Orlando, FL.
- Spend the afternoon visiting an aquarium with a coral reef exhibit.
- Adopt a coral reef in your partner's name.
- Give her a vintage coral brooch.
- Give him a coral tie clip.
Modern Gift: Jade
- Jade jewelry, such as necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc. would work well.
- And as above, jade encrusted cufflinks for him are an option.
- Give her 35 roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 35 years.
- Relive the past, watch your wedding video again, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last year.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her 35 small gifts for the thirty-fifth anniversary.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade Gift Ideas
- Hand paint coral to create a centerpiece, display piece. You could also use coral colored paints for a project.