With silk being the traditional 12th anniversary gift item, you're in for one sexy anniversary night. Get some silk sheets, silk underwear, and silk lingerie then add a few candles and you're good to go! If you want to do more, though we wouldn't understand why ;), read on for creative and romantic 12th anniversary gifts.
Traditional Gift: Silk/Linen
- Send her a bouquet of beautiful silk roses.
- Surprise your mate with sexy, silk lingerie or silk boxers.
- Give her sexy silk pajamas to take with her on your weekend getaway.
- Spend the afternoon together flying a silk kite.
- Silk sheets for your bed and an afternoon to enjoy them together.
- Get a new tablecloth and have a romantic candlelit dinner to go along with it.
- Give him a silk tie. You could give it to him while wearing nothing but the silk tie like in Pretty Woman.
Modern Gift: Pearl
- Pearls are a hard gift for men, but pearl cufflinks would work well.
- Give her an oyster with a real pearl inside. Many places sell these as a kit that comes with a chain to create a beautiful necklace as well.
- A Pearl Bailey CD
- A Pearl Jam CD
- A week long anniversary trip to Pearl Harbor in Oahu, Hawaii!
- Any pearl jewelry would work well as a gift for this anniversary.
- Give her 12 roses (or whatever flower you used in your wedding) to celebrate 12 years.
- Relive the past, watch your wedding video again, look at your wedding album together, and reflect on the last 12 years.
- Match the number of gifts to your anniversary: Give him/her 12 small gifts for the twelfth anniversary.
- Create an anniversary time capsule!
Homemade Gift Ideas
- Embroider linens (tablecloth or bed linens) with their names and wedding date.