Create your own fireworks this 4th of July with a little added love and romance! We've gathered some great tips for beating the heat, adding a little romance, and creating some sparks of your own. If you're thinking of getting engaged, check out these 4th of July proposal ideas.
- Find out where your city shoots off the fireworks display (your best bet is to check your local newspaper) and plan a romantic night out watching the show. Bring along a blanket to cuddle up on along with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses and make some sparks of your own as the lights burst through the air. If you're lucky enough to live near the water, watch the fireworks from the beach with the added romance of moonlight and waves gently crashing on the shore. If you have kids, bring them along to enjoy the show. All you have to do is give them a separate blanket and you'll still feel the sparks of intimacy as the fireworks burst through the sky.
- Get a bottle of wine and a box of sparklers (not to be combined) and spend the evening on your deck under the stars together.
- Write your names together in the air with sparklers.
- If you shoot off your own fireworks, check out the 'Romantic Reactor'. It goes off with a boom, throwing out large gold colored hearts, stars, streamers, screaming rocket balloons, and more.
- Even better, order these heart-shaped sparklers ahead of time and surprise her!
- Head to the ballpark for some good old fashioned fun with America's favorite past time. Many parks shoot off extravagant fireworks displays on the 4th as well. Check the schedule of your local team (whether it be majors or minors) and enjoy the afternoon together.
- Surprise her with a bouquet of red, white, and blue roses!
- Try out one of our favorite fun kisses - the pop rocks kiss! Get a package of pop rocks and enjoy fireworks in your mouths while you watch the fireworks exploding in the air.
- Many cities offer fun and festive celebrations on the 4th. Grab a blanket and a picnic lunch and head out to spend the afternoon together enjoying good music, good food, and good company.
- Go traditional with a BBQ and apple pie. Eat by candle light, giving you added sparks inside. For even brighter sparks, eat your dessert on each other.
- Get in the water...slather each other up with sunscreen and head to your nearest beach, lake, or pool. Looking for other water options? Take a boat ride together, float along on a paddle boat, or get adventurous on jet skis. After you've soaked up some fun in the sun, catch some fireworks, then make fireworks of your own.
- Create your own fireworks in the bedroom. Add a little massage oil, some candles, and perhaps a few toys. Want to heat things up while cooling off? Grab a few ice cubes and give each other sensational ice massages. Things really heat up as the ice melts.
- Let the music ring through your ears with a pops in the park concert. If your city has a local orchestra or symphony, chances are they'll have a concert in the park on the 4th. Check your local papers, then head out with a picnic lunch for a relaxing and romantic afternoon.
- If you can't get a moment alone all day, bring the sparks to the bedroom with some red, white, or blue lingerie that's sure to get his sparks flying.
- If you're feeling a little sweet, bring the red's, white's, and blue's to the bedroom with strawberries, blue berries, and whipped cream on each other.
- Celebrate your independence by each picking an activity that represents your independent spirits, then do each together.
- Take a long weekend and get out of town! Find a romantic B&B for a mix of history, romance, and great fireworks displays. Places to check out:
Washington D.C. - Immerse yourself in the spirit of America and independence while enjoying the spectacular fireworks that light up the sky above the Washington monument.
Boston, MA - Take in the sensational Boston Pops concert in addition to one of the country's most spectacular fireworks shows. Philadelphia, PA - Check out the Party on the Parkway Festival, featuring activities, an evening parade, and a huge fireworks show and concert.
In honor of the 4th of July, check out these rare, but romantic heart-shaped fireworks: