Ingredients:1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Hershey's milk chocolate chips
1 tbsp. shortening (do not use butter, margarine, or oil)
2 containers of fresh strawberries (larger is better)
- Rinse your strawberries and pat them dry.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper and line your strawberries up on it.
- Put the chocolate chips and shortening in a pot and heat until compeltely melted, stirring constantly. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate.
- Holding the strawberry by the top, dip the bottom two-thirds into your melted chocolate mixture. Shake very gently to remove excess chocolate from the berry. Place on your covered cookie sheet.
- Cover your berries and refrigerate for at least 1 hours, or until the chocolate coating is firm.
- For best taste results, eat your strawberries within 24 hours
- Try adding switching out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips and making white chocolate covered strawberries.
- Decorate your berries with sprinkles, coconut, etc.
- Try adding a teaspoon or two of Kahlua to your chocolate mix